Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics
Department of Plant Breeding & Genetics was established since inception of university with major thrust area to develop high yielding, disease resistant varieties of cereal, pulse, oilseed and other crops with better grain quality. Once the variety is released, its popularization and adoption among the farmers is the most important things for which the department conducts FLDs, organize Kisan Mela and our Scientists deliver lecture on their concerned crop and Subject on TV & Radio.
RESEARCH PROJECT- ON GOING
- All India crop improvement on Rice Maize oil Seed crops, Pulse crops and Millet crop.
- Eastern India Shuttle Breeding Project on Rice.
- DBT India-IRRI network project From QTL to variety: marker assisted Breeding of Abiotic Stress tolerant rice varieties with Major QTLs for drought, submergence and Salt tolerance.
- International Rainfed Rice Agriculture System (IRRAS) on drought and submergence.
- Detection of Allele other than Sub-1 for submergence tolerance in Mutant lines of rice using SSR molecular Markers (BERN).
- Direct Seeded Rice (DSR) Project.
- Development of Aerobic Rice for sustainable rice production in Bihar under RKVY.
With the efforts of the scientists of the department, a number of varieties of different crops have been released and made popular among the farmers. Some of them are:
|Rice||Turant dhan (70d) Prabhat (95d) Saket (105) Rajendra Bhagwati (115a) Rajendra Kasturi (125d) Rajendra Suwasini (145d) Rajendra Mahsuri (145d) Sudha and Vaidehi.|
|Maize||Laxmi, Deoki, Suwan (Crop) Shaktiman 1,2,3,4 and 5|
|Oil Seed||Rajendra Suflam, Ageti|
|Arhar||Sharad, Bahar, Basant|
|Gram||RAU-52, SG-2, SG-4, BR-78|
MoU with Private Company
For popularization and dissemination of newly released variety of Rice and Maize, MoU has been signed with private Companies.
Rice: Rajendra Bhagwati
- Ankur Seed Pvt. Ltd., Nagpur
- Delta Agri Genetics Pvt. Ltd. Hyderabad
Maize: Shaktiman 1,2,3,4 and 5
- Ankur Seed Pvt. Ltd., Nagpur (Shaktiman 3&5)
- Delata Agri Genetics Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad (Shaktiman 2&4)
- Sahkari Sahyog Samiti, Jaipur (Shaktiman 3)
- GV Seeds Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad (Shaktiman 4)
|S. No.||Name||Designation||Mobile no.||E-mail Id|
|1.||Dr. N. K. Singh||Univ. Prof. & Chairmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2.||Dr. Anil Pandey||Univ. Prof.||email@example.com|
|3.||Dr. S. B. Mishra||Univ. Prof.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|4.||Dr. Ajay Kumar Singh||Senior Scientistemail@example.com|
|5.||Dr. Nilanjaya||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6.||Dr. Rajesh Kumar||Junior Scientistemail@example.com|
|7.||Dr. S. K. Singh||Junior Scientistfirstname.lastname@example.org-|
|8.||Dr. Ajay Kumar||Junior Scientistemail@example.com|
|9.||Dr. D. N. Kamat||Junior Scientist||9801454742|
|10.||Dr. Ashish Narayan||Junior Scientistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|11.||Dr. Balwant Kumar||Junior Scientistemail@example.com-|
|12.||Dr. U. K. Singh||Junior Scientistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|13.||Mrs. Madhuri Arya||Junior Scientist||8004492415|